This seasonal delight is subtly sweet and delicately spiced with autumn's favorite pumpkin flavors. Enjoy this creamy and nutrient rich dip with a rainbow of fresh sliced veggies, spread on warm flat bread with mushrooms/onions, or a beautiful artisan bread. Pro tip: try serving this dip warm, fresh out the oven.
- 2 cups soft-roasted pumpkin
- or canned pumpkin, roasted kabocha squash, or butternut squash
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- small squeeze of lemon (or 1/2 lemon)
- sea salt and black pepper
- very good olive oil, for a drizzle finish (optional)
Puree all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until creamy and smooth. Poor into an oven safe serving plate and bake at 350 for just 5-10min to serve warm, or skip the oven and serve at room temp! Enjoy.