Strawberry Dusted-Honey Mango Lassi, Raw Vegan Cake Pie
A wholesome, healthy, fruit-forward cake you can enjoy for breakfast, brunch or dessert! Made with only a few simple ingredients, and no baking is required for this Indian inspired treat!
Strawberry Dusted Mango Lassi Raw Vegan Cake Pie
by Sarah Farsh February 18, 2023
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- or raw peacans, almonds, sesame seeds, hazelnuts, or oats
- 1 cup dates
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 3 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 lime, juiced and zest
- 1 tbsp cardamom beans, or 1 tsp powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp honey
- or maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla bean powder
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (unsweetened)
- or blueberries, raspberries or a mix!
In a food processor or blender, pulse walnuts, dates and pinch salt together with a plunger to make "dough". Scoop out, and spread/kneed dough out into a pie dish with fingers. Tip: keep your fingers a little wet with water to help from sticking. Blend mangos, lime juice, coconut cream, honey, vanilla bean powder together on high speed, well, to make filling. Poor filling on top of your nut dough crust. Crush freeze dried strawberries on top, and freeze for a few hours or overnight to set. Allow to defrost a couple minutes and serve just as you would an ice cream cake. Keep left overs in the freezer.
Post a Comment