Simplest 2-Ingredient Oatmeal Banana Cookies
I got this recipe from my mama. All it takes to make is oats and banana! The texture is slightly sticky, soft and chewy just with the ripe banana. You can keep it as simple as that, or spice it up with your favorite fixings. I've already made a few varieties that I'll suggest in the ingredients below. You can enjoy these cookies for a hearty yummy breakfast, like a granola bar, travel snack or easy sweet treat for after dinner. They're also awesome for banana nice cream cookie sandwiches! Enjoy!
Simplest Oatmeal Banana Cookies
from my mama <3 sourced from Clean & Delicious recipes
- 1.5 cups oatmeal (You can mix 1/2 cup rolled, 1 cup quick, or 1/2 cup ground oats and 1 cup rolled, or all cups rolled. Each version provides slightly different texture. I use all rolled for this quick and lazy version)
- 2 medium ripe bananans
- or 2 baked apples, baked pears, baked peaches, 2 cups raspberries or blueberries
- optional additional fixings to consider mixing/matching/adding:
- chocolate chips
- raisins or chopped dates
- slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sugar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas in a medium bowl until they're broken down. Add oats and optional additional fixings and mix well. Using two spoons or your hands, roll out desired size cookies and place onto a cookie sheet to bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. You can also mold these into longer granola-bar sized cookies, one large cookie (like a cake) and you can also bake in your air fryer like I did if you don't have an oven.