Vegan Pumpkin Squash Noodles
These seasonally inspired silky noodles taste like a warm bowl of Autumn that you'll want to cuddle up into. Super clean and smooth pumpkin spiced based sauce gets swirled with gluten-free, glass mung bean jelly noodles, for a decedent experience that will nourish your whole body with pure, plant-based vitamins and minerals from real food. We made and enjoyed this neon electric dish in the Casa Dragoness Disco Kitchen.
Vegan Pumpkin Squash Sauce or Soup
by Sarah Farsh October 2nd, 2021
- 1/2 of an organic pumpkin pie pumpkin, sliced in half, seeded and soft baked with skin
- or 1 can of pure pumpkin, 1/2 kombucha squash, 1/2 butternut squash, large yam
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tbsp 365 by Whole Foods Market or good tahini
- 1 tbsp Frontier Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- or mix your own by combining equal parts cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg powder
- handful pure dried coconut flakes (ingredients should just say "coconut."
- 1 tsp whole black pepper corn
- pinch kosher sea salt or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- or few tbsp honey, couple drops stevia
- mung bean noodles
- or Shirataki, kelp, zucchini noodles, or any pasta of choice
- caramelized onions
- diced sweet onions sautéed with Vegan Miykos Coconut Butter or coconut oil and olive oil, on low heat for 15-20min. I added a sprig of fresh lavander and smoked maple sea salt for added aroma and seasonal flavor.
- raw cashew dust
- stone ground or powdered raw cashews, or any buttery nut of choice like macadamia, hazelnut, pecan, pistacio would work
- sprouted pumpkin seeds
- nasturtium and basil leaves
- lemon zest
In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend the cooked and seeded pumpkin, cooked sweet potato, pumpkin pie spice, tahini, coconut flakes, whole pepper corn, maple syrup, pinch kosher sea salt together until warm and smooth. Meanwhile, start caramelizing your onions, and cook your mung bean (or whatever you're using) noodles in water, then drain. Poor your noodles back into the pot you boiled them in, and poor as much puréed pumpkin sauce that you like. Store the remainder away for other recipes, to enjoy as soup, freeze to use later, or have it all with that meal! Serve noodles sauced up on a plate, and top with your caramelized onions, and optional garnishes like cashew dust, sprouted pumpkin seeds, nasturtium leaves, basil leaves and lemon zest.
Enjoy this creamy pumpkin sauce so many more ways, like with zucchini noodles, kelp noodles, as a dip for crudités, or just on it's own as a squashy pumpkin soup. Here's what I did with the second day's left overs of this sauce:
Vegan Pumpkin Squash Zucchini Sushi Burritos
by Sarah Farsh October 3, 2021
- Left over sauce from Pumpkin Squash Sauce above
- nori paper
- rice or coconut paper
- baked, grilled, air fried or raw slices of zucchini
Soften your rice paper with warm water, lay nori sheet on top, layer with pumpkin squash sauce, zucchini slices, avocado and jalapeño. Wrap/roll and eat by hand or slice into bite size sushi-style pieces. Enjoy!
Post a Comment