Za'atar Cauliflower Breakfast Tacos
Here's a warm and savory whole food plant-based alternative for when you're craving breakfast tacos, that you can whip up in minutes. I sautéed frozen cauliflower rice as the main ingredient for this scramble, and layered in peas, peppers and fresh lacinato kale from my garden to complete this hearty mix. Spiced with turmeric, cumin and smoked paprika, traditionally found in Za'atar rubs, for a Middle Eastern twist.
You can enjoy this scramble inside flamed corn tortillas like I did, in collard green wraps, on top of grains, or straight up out of a bowl! The serving size for the veggie sauté is flexible, so use whatever you already have on hand, or get creative adding more veggies like broccoli, asparagus or mushrooms in the mix.
Za'atar Cauliflower Scramble Breakfast Tacos
by Sarah Farsh September 28, 2020
- cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen is fine)
- bell peppers (red, green, yellow, orange), sliced
- kale, chopped (or spinach)
- 2 tbsp homemade Za'atar spice mix (I usually keep a jar full of this mixture):
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (or 1 tsp kosher salt)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- green peas (fresh or frozen)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- garnish with fresh cilantro, fresh mint, avocados, fresh made salsa or chopped peppers, sesame seeds
Sauté all ingredients together in a hot pan, as you would a stir-fry. Fill corn tortillas and top with garnish, or enjoy alone!
Post a Comment