Fresh Fig Salad with Golden Turmeric Dressing
This is more of an inspirational post because there's not really much to the recipe besides adding fresh figs to your favorite green salad. The first time I ever had fresh figs in a green salad was at The Palace in Dubai with my mom, and it was the most magnificent pink and green salad I've ever enjoyed in my life. Since then, I really love accompanying salad with fresh figs when they're in season.
by Sarah Farsh August, 2020
- fresh chopped greens (kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, collard greens or whatever spring mix you have)
- fresh peas (frozen is fine, I just let them defrost naturally after the salad sits out for a couple minutes)
- fresh figs
Golden Turmeric Dressing:
- 1 tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon, fresh lime or grapefruit)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or date paste)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (or fresh turmeric root)
- 1/2" fresh ginger (more/less on your liking)
- 1 tsp coconut amino (or liquid amino acid, or kosher sea salt)
- splash water as needed
Blend Golden Turmeric Dressing ingredients together and drizzle on your fresh salad with figs. Enjoy!