Nacho Basic Queso
Slip into a bath of this rich and wet queso dream. Crunch, chew, swallow, repeat. You'll want to get your chips soaked in this deceivingly seductive oil-free, vegan queso. Made from blender to bowl, quicker than you can place an order for delivery on Grub Hub. Then call me, cutie.
PS, I'm so sorry that it took me 33 years to discover what on earth queso was. Never did I ever taste the satanic liquid lava of the Gods growing up in NYC, or know of it's existence until moving to Texas where I ended up on a 2-week queso study binge tasting through all the queso in town. I feel safe to say this version is fit for the devils queen, and you'll feel like a goddess the next day.
PPS, if the air bubbles eek you out, just poor the sauce out of the blender slowly and use a spoon to calm the mixture down before serving. I was too excited to post so let's pretend they are air sparklers for now.
Nacho Basic Queso (Oil-Free, Vegan, Queso Dip)
by Sarah Farsh May 24, 2020
- 2 cups dry-roasted cashews (oil-free, unsalted)
- Sub 1 1/2 cups of cashews with 1 cooked and peeled Japanese sweet potato, white potato, butternut squash, kambocha squash, 1/2 block of tofu, a can of chickpeas, or white beans to reduce fat and caloric density for a "lighter" low-fat version.
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeño slices with a splash of the jalapeño pickle juice (more or less if you're a baby)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less...)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Serve with: stone ground whole grain chips, fresh veggies, or fresh sliced jicama for a lighter version. Top with fresh jalapeños, cilantro and ground red chili flakes.
In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend all ingredients together on high until smooth and creamy. If you keep your blender on high for 2 minutes, it should warm up your sauce hot enough so that you can poor directly into serving bowl and eat heated! Top with fresh jalapeños and cilantro.
Post a Comment