Savory Chickpea Protein Scallion Biscuit Muffins
A super snack or post-workout treat, great for fuel on the go that’s packed with plant protein and clear from saturated fats. Make this vegan by replacing egg with flax-egg replacement.
Gluten Free, Low Fat Savory Chickpea Protein Scallion Biscuit Muffins
by Sarah Farsh, February 14, 2020
- 1 can chickpeas, with water
- 2 organic cage-free eggs (or flax egg replacement for vegans)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup water (add small splashes of more as you go)
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 and line x2 cookie sheets with cupcake papers. Blend all ingredients together, minus scallions. The batter should be similar to pancake batter consistency, so add a little more water if needed to loosen up batter, or more almond flour to thicken up. Fold scallions in with spatula and poor into cupcake tins. Bake for 20-30 min, or until gold and fluffy. Serve cool or warm, with soup, salad or straight up!
Post a Comment