Low Fat Vegan Silken Cashew Pudding
Eat your heart out, there's no need to feel guilty with this creamy silken chocolate puddin'. By using organic silken tofu as the base, this sweet treat stays low in fat with an added boost of protein. You're also getting fiber and healthy fats from the date molasses and raw cashews. Enjoy this energy boosting snack during the day, or as healthy dessert!
Low Fat Vegan Silken Cashew Chocolate Pudding
by Sarah Farsh August 6th, 2017
- 16 oz organic silken tofu
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pure cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water
- 1 tsp ground coffee, french roast
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or date molasses
- 4 drops stevia (optional if you like extra sweet)
- 1/2 tsp pink himalayan sea salt (optional)
- garnish: raw granola, coconut flakes, berries, and cherries
Soak your cashew nuts in water for at least 15min and drain. Place all ingredients accept for "garnish" into VitaMix or high powered blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Transfer creamy pudding into a container cool for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Serve with garnishes listed, or get more creative! Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or dessert!