Pumpkin Alfredo Zoodles - Vegan Gluten Free
Vegans, please think outside of the Tofurky box. There are so many healthier and yummier alternatives to create a more lively Thanksgiving table. This Pumpkin Alfredo is swimming in holiday cheer and is sure to impress even your non-vegan guests. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Alfredo Zoodles
by Sarah Farsh November 21th 2016
- 2 cups whole sugar pumpkin, peeled/seeded/cubed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp agave
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (nutmeg/cinnamon/ginger/cloves)
- salt/pepper/cayenne to taste
- 6 zucchinis, run through spiralizer in medium noodle shape
- garnish: rosemary and caramelized shallots in coconut oil/salt/turmeric
In VitaMix, blend pumpkin, cashews, almond milk, nutritional yeast, vinegar, agave, pumpkin pie spice and salt/pepper together on high speed until formed into cream. Place zucchini noodles into a large pasta pot on low heat. Poor pumpkin alfredo sauce into zoodles and mix together well with tongs. You don't want to over cook these, you're only cooking on low heat so that the sauce combines well into the zucchinis - don't cook for more than 5 minutes. You can even serve this raw as a cold noodle dish if you wanted to. Garnish with caramelized onions and rosemary.
Post a Comment