Easy Hummus Pizza
I pass countless amounts of pizza shops on my walk home from the gym, or maybe it just smells that way. Anyhow, I wanted pizza tonight, so that's what I made.
You can get really creative with your toppings and use things like sprouts, mangoes, scallions... You name it! For my pizza, I decided to use artichokes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, arugula, olives, jalapeno and carrots. I made my hummus from scratch, but it's just as good with your favorite store bought kind.
by Sarah Farsh October 30, 2013
- 1 can unsalted chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsl tahini
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar (I used the vinegar from my jar of jalapenos)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Blend all ingredients together in Vitamix or food processor.
- 1 whole wheat or sprouted grain tortilla
- 3 tbsp hummus
- chopped lettuce
- pickled jalapeno
- canned artichoke (unsalted, in water)
- shredded carrot
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- black olives, sliced (in water, not oil)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- sprinkle with nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and chili flakes
Warm up tortilla and spread hummus on top. Add all desired veggie toppings and enjoy!