You can serve this pesto sauce on top of your favorite pasta, or make it a raw dish and add it to some zucchini noodles! Either way, this sauce is delish... without the oil and fat that traditional pesto has... Plus, you've got your kale kick.
by Sarah Farsh May 19, 2013
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed (lacinato, curly green, or purple)
- 1 handful walnuts (or raw cashews)
- 1/4 cup green olives, soaked in water
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup vegetable stock (more or less depending on the desired thickness)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- juice of one lemon, and zest (or 2 tbsp pure lemon juice)
- 1 bag cooked gluten free pasta, or zucchini ribbons
In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend together kale, walnuts, olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, veggie stock, nutritional yeast and lemon until smooth. Combine with cooked pasta, or raw zucchini noodles.
Post a Comment